Since its inception in 2007, the Gaslink Back-to-School Scholarship Programme has continued to sponsor One Hundred (100) indigent students from 13 communities in Lagos State namely Agidingbi, Apapa, Ilasamaja, Ilupeju, Isolo, Keke-Agege, Mushin, Obanikoro, Ojota, Omole, Oregun, Orile, and Wasimi-Maryland to six (6) years of private primary education.
In order to ensure as much inclusion as possible, the beneficiaries have been distributed to have at least four (4) scholars per school.
The programme has also recorded key accomplishments:
- Even distribution of pupils across the schools in Gaslink communities. Each community has 2 schools, each school has four children except in a few cases.
- Life transformation: With Gaslink’s intervention, the children now have access to quality education that hitherto seemed inaccessible to them.
- The implementing team was able to secure a 10% discount on the tuition fees from all Gaslink schools where we have more than 2 children.
- 32 scholars successfully graduated (16 graduated from secondary school and 16 from primary school).
- Modashiru Sodiq, a scholar who exited the scheme in 2013/2014 session, has graduated with from the Polytechnic Accra, Ghana in Electrical Electronics Engineering.