We understand the global uncertainty caused by COVID-19, and just like us, the entire African energy industry is facing circumstances beyond our control.Our top priority remains to ensure our people, partners, clients, and host communities are safe during this pandemic, while also providing natural gas to power critical businesses and infrastructure.
With COVID-19 causing unforeseen disruptions to many, we are applying the following measures across our business enterprise:
- Strict adherence to all social distancing precautions. Consequently, we no longer allow visitors to our offices or facilities. All meetings are held via virtual platforms i.e. telephone or WhatsApp, Zoom, and Microsoft Team Platform for partners with the applications
- To ensure we achieve continued service delivery to all our clients, we have established an Intervention Team to drive our critical operations and manage the expectations of our stakeholders during this period
- We will maintain regular engagement with our clients and continue to supply natural gas required for their operations
- To counter the spread of COVID-19, we are ensuring that gas supply is prioritised for power plants that supply power to hospitals as well as to BOC Gas, a supplier of oxygen which is crucial for the treatment of COVID-19
- We are also implementing CSR initiatives to support the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control as well as our host communities impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic